Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fiona's First Month!

We can hardly believe that Fiona is just over one month old!  On one hand it seems that we just brought her home but on the other hand it seems like she's always been here.  I can't imagine life with out her!  We are so in love with our baby girl.  She's getting bigger everyday and has some new "tricks".  She loves to suck on her hands and once in a while her thumb gets in there.  She sucks very loudly and enthusiastically.  (I understand Fiona, I sucked my thumb for... well we won't discuss how long!)  She loves to go on walks and hums along in her sleep while cuddled up in the sling or ergo.  When we are lucky we catch little sleepy grins.  They are the sweetest thing ever and pop out just as she's falling asleep or waking up.  I don't really mind waking up in the middle of the night when she's flashes me one of those!

For the past week she's been fussy at night and cries until she gets swaddled up and walked around the house by her Daddy.  I feel like she is crying for a long time but really its only for about 5 - 10 minutes.  I don't like to hear my baby cry though!  So far she is a happy, mellow baby most of the time.  She has even let me sleep a few 4 hour stretches.  Not every night but its encouraging to know she has it in her!  I feel amazingly energetic after 4 hours!

Slippin' the thumb in!

If I can't get my thumb, my doll will do!

Stretched out on her lamby

So cute!

Check out the lower lip!

Sleeping on Mama's chest

Morning cuddles with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment