Monday, June 7, 2010

Just us girls...



It's that time of year again. The summer survey cruise. This year Brian is back out to Dutch Harbor and heading west for a 3.5 week bottom trawl survey. He'll be back at the end of the month. We can send emails back and forth every few days but won't have any phone contact. I hope the days fly by! He's only been gone a few days and we miss him already! The good news is that it's only one leg of the cruise. In the past he's had to do two legs... 8 weeks out at sea!

Meanwhile, Fiona and I are holding down the fort. We've planted the garden and have the greenhouse full of tomatoes, peppers, and various herbs. I finished getting flowers planted this morning while she spent an hour playing with our neighbor girl, a middle school girl who Fiona adores! We also have 4 new chicks to add to our flock! Fiona LOVES them! She wants to kiss them and hold them tight. I've taught her to pet them gently with one finger and figure lots of kisses will only make these chicks kid friendly! For now, they live in the garage but I'm anxious to get them outside to our old greenhouse soon. They will live in there until they are a bit bigger and we can introduce them to the older ladies in the coop. Who knows how that will go!

I hate to write this and find I'm wrong but I think that we have figured out her allergy. Her skin is clearing up and hasn't flared up in over a week. The culprit... wheat! It is such a relief to have found some answers. I'm going to give it a bit more time before I make a final declaration but her skin hasn't looked this good in months! Thankfully there are quite a few wheat free products on the market these days. I found some good stuff at our local health food store. I'll keep you posted on how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment