



We are having another girl! On Tuesday we went as a family to my ultra sound. We were really hoping to find out the sex of the baby but I kept telling myself not to get too disappointed if Baby didn't cooperate. She didn't want to at first but after moving to my side she moved her legs and we got a look at her GIRL bits! I've been having so much thinking about Fiona having a sister and my girls growing up together. Fiona is still convinced she's getting a brother... I'm glad we have some time to work that out! She loved hearing the baby's heartbeat and asked the technician to "do it again!" I was glad because there is nothing quite so amazing as hearing that heartbeat. We watched as our girl worked hard to get her thumb in her mouth too- totally amazing! We were all so proud of her when she managed to get it in there!
I obviously have known I've been pregnant for a long time but this just makes it all feel so real! I can't believe I'm already 18 weeks too. Time is flying by! With Fiona's pregnancy I read the progress of baby week by week and read a million pregnancy and birthing books. Not so much this time! I guess that's what happens when you have a toddler. I have reread Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin because I can't get enough of those hippie birth stories! And a new one on the shelf this time around is the LLL book, Adventures of Tandem Nursing. An adventure for sure! Thankfully help is just a phone call away from the most experienced tandem Mama I know... Molly! Be prepared for lots of calls Sis!



No comments:
Post a Comment