Friday, December 2, 2011

I don't want to forget...


Fiona has an incredible memory. She really blows me away. One time I pointed out a kitty in the window of the flower shop on Whidbey. 6 months later we walked past the same flower shop and she asked me where the kitty was. Or the time that Emily visited and took her to the playground. It was before she was really talking much. About 9 months later we were walking back from the same playground. Fiona said, "Emmy took me here and sang me a song." I was amazed how she was able to articulate an experience from her non-talking days. This girl doesn't forget a thing! A smart cookie I tell you!

I on the other hand do not have her memory skills. I need to write things down because I don't want to forget.

  • I don't want to forget that she calls the elevator an elligator.
  • I don't want to forget the way she curls up with her sister and says in a whisper so quiet I can barely hear her, "I just love her so much Mama."
  • I don't want to forget that she sings at the top of her lungs songs about her family when she is happy.
  • I don't want to forget the subtle difference between her questions and statements. Only those that speak Fiona can catch it. It's all in the voice.
  • I don't want to forget that when we read books that show a child getting tucked into their own bed she gets stressed out about why the Mama is not going to bed with them! (Don't all families cosleep?!) I usually tell her the Mama has to go brush her teeth before going to bed.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment