Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Birthday Celebration!

We celebrated Fiona's birthday today with a few friends. It was a really nice gathering with her daycare friends and their families. We decorated birthday crowns, played with balloons, ate snacks and enjoyed banana cake (with Grandpa J's jam as the filling!). Her birthday is not until Monday but last year at this time is when my labor started. 40 hours of labor calls for 40 hours of celebration I think! One of our party guests was Zoya, who was our doula. It was fun to look back on my labor and Fiona's birth with her. She had the good news that Kodiak is getting a midwife and birth center this Fall! Yeah! I told Brian we can have another baby now!

Decked out in her birthday outfit (thanks for the hand me down Anna, we love the dress!) I made her birthday crown out of wool felt.

Party girls!

Lots of help and excitement over gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment