Thursday, January 28, 2010

ALL DONE
Fiona signs "all done" after dinner. Her appetite has increased so much this past month. She's gone from playing and eating a bit here and there to eating a ton. Dinner is her favorite. She will sit and eat for half an hour. When she's had enough she signs "all done" very enthusiastically as you can see above. She's like her Mama in that she doesn't eat much at breakfast but loves a big lunch and dinner. Tonight she devoured venison fried rice. Yummy! Brian is pretty sure that she's had more variety in her diet so far than he has in his whole life! Thankfully she pretty much eats anything we give her. She'll get her first chance at cake this weekend when we have her birthday party... its sure to be a hit!

MILK DRUNK
Nu-Nu is nursing in our house. I've heard it by that name for so many years by nieces and nephews that there is no other name I could have used! Fiona loves her nu-nu. Now that she is communicating more and more she loves to do the ASL milk sign and say nu-nu, nu-nu when she wants to nurse. She loves to cozy up on the couch or in the bed. I tried to get a picture of her nursing but she was too excited by the camera to cooperate! Brian often hands her off to me when she won't be appeased by him and say, "A girl just needs her nu-nu." Its true, Fiona, not much is better. He also points out if we have a restless night that we have a growing girl who needs to nurse. I agree she does need it. Nursing is good for her physically as well as emotionally. As we creep into toddlerhood and into her second year I feel that nursing her remains just as important now as it did in the beginning. In fact she just crawled into my lap as I'm writing this for a little nu-nu.

KODIAK KID
The carharts and xtratuffs are the classic "uniform" of Alaskans. Fiona fits right in. I can picture her out in the garden this summer in her carharts and her little xtratuffs (yes, we have a pair of tiny ones!) She's going to be my number one helper!

IRRESISTIBLE
I love this picture because it captures a look we get from Fiona often. She tilts her head down and flashes that smile with her eyes looking up at you. As someone pointed out to us recently, we're in for it when she's older. I think they are right! Who could resist that look? Sure baby, you can have whatever you want. (says Papa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment