A tired girl
New Jammies
Are these really for me?!
lovin' the stripes
Happy Solstice! Today is the longest day of the year. From sunup to sunset Kodiak will get 18 hours and 7 minutes of daylight today. With dawn and dusk we're looking at more like 20 hours of daylight! I've always loved that about Alaska. We've often celebrated with all night bon fires and parties which isn't in the cards this year for obvious reasons (see pictures of little person above!). She and I have had our own celebration today though.
We started our day by discovering the Solstice Fairy had been here! I read an article a while back about a little girl that loved fairies. The Solstice Fairy brought her new pj's at each solstice! (summer and winter) I thought, wow, I hope she comes to our house. We are all familiar with the usual fairies. The tooth fairy leaves us money under our pillow, the sleep fairy leaves us treats in our shoes when we take naps, but the solstice fairy brings us pj's! I'm so glad she found us! Fiona is modeling her new jammies in the pictures above and they look pretty darn cute.
This baby has decided that she had a nice nap from 8-9:30 instead of the bed time Mama thought she was getting. We may hit those bon fires after all. We'll be wearing new pj's of course.



No comments:
Post a Comment