Saturday, November 7, 2009

9 Months Old!

I can't take any more of that camera!

Back to my sweet self!

Somehow our little baby has become a big baby. I don't mean in size, she is only 15 pounds after all, but in her development. I feel like one day I looked up and here was this big girl and I could see glimpses of a toddler! Really, her development has taken off. One evening last week we were playing on the floor and in that 30 minutes she started rocking on hands and knees (although she still army crawls to move forward), pushed herself into a sitting position instead of us having to do it for her, and pulled herself up to standing! She was so proud of herself! She's really into standing now and is trying it more and more.

A few days later as one of our daycare friends was leaving she said bye bye! I wasn't sure at first but she said it again clear as day. An hour later when her other friends were leaving she said it again. So cool! Granny was lucky enough to hear it over the phone that night too! She has Mama and Papa down too. For some reason she whispers when she says Papa which I think is pretty cute. She has also begun to sign "more" off and on and she signs "milk" consistently when she wants to nurse. We do lots of reading in our house. She loves to turn the pages of her books. Sometimes I have to shorten the pages to keep up with her enthusiastic page turning! A favorite book is Noisy Farm which is an animal sounds book. She often repeats the sounds of the animals. Aaaa for the sheep and goats, mmmmm for the cow, and doodoodoo for the rooster. By the way, we bought that book on Whidbey to remember the farm (and the Farm Cousins) while we are up here in Alaska.

Fiona at 9 months is a blast! We are loving every minute with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment