Saturday, November 21, 2009

Girls Weekend

standing in a box

thinking about crawling (and then deciding not to!)

Our apple tree covered in snow (no it does not produce apples, unfortunately)

It's just us girls this weekend. Brian left Thursday to go fishing for rockfish for a new project he's working on. He'll be collecting rockfish for a few days in November, December, and January. Not my idea of fun! It sounds VERY cold! Fiona and I went to a Christmas bizarre this morning which turned out to be a dud. I'm hoping to get back into the bizarre scene next winter. We've got to pay for our eggnog lattes one way or another! It has been snowing off and on these last few days. I love it! It puts me in the holiday mood. :)

These days I have been totally amazed by my little girl. She is talking and signing more and more. She has started signing stars (she eats these star shaped puffy things that we call stars- I know, baby junk food. It's terrible!) and ball. She has added hi and ball to her first words too. She is constantly repeating sounds and often repeats the first sounds of words as we point things out to her. It is pretty amazing to see her language development unfolding before us.

She is not too interested in crawling beyond her little army crawl in short little stints. She goes on hands and knees quite a bit but doesn't move around that way. Standing is a different story! She can't get enough of it. She loves to pull herself up! Although she is still somewhat wobbly, I can see her getting stronger everyday. You can see her in the top photo practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment